Water-based Physiotherapy for acute and long term conditions
Milestone Academy’s hydrotherapy pool is a custom-made unit that at over 28m² is big enough to accommodate a number of people at a time.
The self-contained unit has two specialist changing rooms, each with a full sized shower bed, toilet and a Skyframe hoist that can move you between these items and then directly to the pool, allowing all abilities are able to take advantage of the therapeutic waters. In addition to this are two additional standard self-contained changing rooms, each with a small standing shower and toilet
Water temperature is 32 degrees with air temperature at 34.
Water depth is 1.2 meters.
Benefits of Hydrotherapy
- Muscular relaxation and decreased muscle spasm
- Decreased pain due to warmth and support
- Gravity is countered by buoyancy
- Increased muscle strength and endurance due to the greater resistance in water
- Improvement in swelling, due to hydrostatic pressure
- Enhanced balance and stabilisation
- Improved enjoyment and confidence to move better
Treat Conditions such as:
Back Pain, Whiplash and other neck pain, Sports Injuries, Tendinopathy, Balance/co-ordination, Shoulder and arm pain, Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia Ankylosing Spondylitis, Parkinson’s Disease and Stroke, Cerebral Palsy, Back and pelvic pain in pregnancy, Work and accident related injuries, Rehabilitation after bone injury/tendon repair, Joint Replacement
Click here to read more about our Hydropool.
From £50 per hour (+VAT)